Community St. Katharine Drexel
533 W Tioga Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Serving the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Our foundation began on August 31, 2009 and we assist the IVE priests at St. Veronica Parish in Philadelphia. We are under the patronage of one of Philadelphia’s own saints, Katharine Drexel.
The main works of evangelization for this community are the following:
- Catechism for children, youth, and adults
- Visiting the sick and the homebound
- Leading youth and young adult groups
- Outreach to the local people, especially with Rosary walks and distributing Rosaries and Miraculous Medals
- Organizing other activities which help form and strength the spiritual life of the parish
Our Patroness | Saint Katharine Drexel (1858-1955)
Katharine Drexel, a wealthy and educated Philadelphia socialite of the late 19th century, could have made of life whatever she chose. That choice in the end came from her strong Catholic faith and deep compassion for the poor and oppressed among Native and African Americans. She founded the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, who are dedicated to sharing the message of the Gospel and the life of the Eucharist. She established many missions throughout the South and South-Western United States. She led a life devoted to uplifting the mind and spirits of Native and African American men, women, and children. She was canonized by Pope John Paul II on October 1, 2000.