443-438-3325

Community Blessed Mary of
Jesus the Good Shepherd
6727 Duluth Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21222

Baltimore, MD

Serving in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.

Our mission began on May 31, 2020. The sisters live next to Sacred Heart of Mary Parish and serve the Pastorate of the parish, which includes Our Lady of Fatima and St. Rita Catholic Parishes.

Apostolates

Our main works of evangelization include the following:

Catechism 
A sister serves as the Director of Religious Education for the Pastorate including coordination of baptism preparation and support of the youth ministry.

Sacristy
The sisters help in the parish sacristies.

Parish Apostolates 
Such as communion for the homebound, home visitations, workshops for liturgical ministries, and Outreach Program (food distribution).

Our Co-Patronesses

Blessed Mary of Jesus the Good Shepherd (1842-1902)​

Servant of God Mother Mary Lange (1784-1882)​

Our community patroness is Blessed Mary of Jesus the Good Shepherd (foundress of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth) and the co-patroness is Servant of God Mother Mary Lange (foundress of the Oblate Sisters of Providence).  Sisters of the congregation of Blessed Mary of Jesus the Good Shepherd worked for many years in Dundalk and used to live in the convent that our Sisters live in.  The Parish has a first class relic of the Blessed.  The evangelization of the Baltimore area (especially the African American community) owes much to the apostolic work of Mother Mary Lange and her Sisters.  She is a Servant of God and is buried in the Motherhouse of the Oblate Sisters of Providence in Baltimore, Maryland.