The contemplative branch of our sisters has nine monasteries around the world. One of them is in the heart of Borough Park, Brooklyn. The Monastery of St. Edith Stein was formally opened on December 17, 1998 and was first situation at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Flatlands, Brooklyn.
In 2012, the sisters were invited to move to the historic Monastery of the Precious Blood in on Fort Hamilton Parkway in Borough Park, Brooklyn (website of the Confraternity of the Precious Blood).
This monastery founded by the Sisters Adorers of the Precious Blood in 1910 and has been in use since that time. Currently, our sisters live along side a small community of Sisters Adorers still living in the monastery.
Our contemplative sisters offer to God a hidden life of silence, prayer, and penance.
Liturgical Vestments and Ecclesiastical Embroidery
They support themselves by making altar cloths, vestments, and other ecclesiastical embroideries. They also offer Christmas cards and enrollment in a Christmas novena.
Making a donation outright or offering the suggested donation for a liturgical item can be done through PayPal.
Prayer requests can be sent to them by e-mail or by a letter. (They do not receive correspondence, however, during Advent or Lent.)
Monastery of St. Edith Stein
Attn: Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará
Monastery of the Precious Blood
5400 Fort Hamilton Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11219