During Lent, the Church calls us to follow Jesus into the desert for forty days. This privileged time of renewal includes special practices of prayer, fasting and tithing.
We would like to invite our on-line readers to join us this Lent in learning about our mission in Tanzania and praying for the sisters, the parishioners, and the patients at the clinic. If you would like to make an offering to support their material needs and the work of the mission, donations can be made by PayPal on-line or through a check mailed to our Provincial House (see bottom of the page). God Bless you!“God blesses those who come to the aid of the poor and rebukes those who turn away from them: “Give to him who begs from you, do not refuse him who would borrow from you”; “you received without pay, give without pay.”Mt 5:42; 10:8. It is by what they have done for the poor that Jesus Christ will recognize his chosen ones.Cf. Mt 25:31-36. When “the poor have the good news preached to them,” it is the sign of Christ’s presence.Mt 11:5; cf. Lk 4:18.” The Catechism of the Catholic Church, #2443
Apostolate: Medical Clinic, Kindergarten, and Parish Work in Ushetu (Diocese of Kahama)
For complete contact information of mission in Tanzania, click here.
Mission Update Articles from www.ssvmonlus.org, the website of the Special Projects of the Foreign Missions:
- February 2014 article and photos about sisters sewing wedding dresses to help a bride celebrate her wedding day!
- July 2013 article from the birthing center, celebrating four years of the mission in Tanzania.
- June 2013 article at the close of the academic year.
- January 2013 article about the building of a residence for visiting missionary doctors and lay volunteers completed through the aid of Dutch benefactors.
- July 2012 article in thanksgiving for the donation of a mission vehicle and chicken coop!
- March 2012 article celebrating the completion of the kindergarten building.
- October 2011 article about the beginnings of the kindergarten building project.
- August 2011 article about the arrival and installation of solar panels.
- 2010 chronicle by Mother Anima Christi, our General Superior, after her visit to Tanzania (scroll down to text).
Videos and Ongoing Updates about Tanzania
To make a donation to support the mission and the missionaries:
Or send your charitable donations payable to “Servants of the Lord” / MEMO: “Tanzania Mission”:
Servants of the Lord Provincial House
Our Lady Queen of Angels Rectory
Attn: Tanzania Mission
226 East 113th Street
New York, NY 10029