The Province of the Immaculate Conception
Our Lady, under the title of her Immaculate Conception, is the patroness of the United States of America. She also is the patroness of our Province which includes the United States, Canada, Guyana and Suriname.
Our sisters began the mission in the United States in 1994, at the invitation of the Bishop of the Diocese of Brooklyn. We later began working in Canada in 2004 and in Guyana in 2007. Most recently, we opened our mission in Florida in October of 2012.
Our Province includes eighteen houses: fifteen in the United States, two in Canada, one in Guyana, and one in Suriname:
- Community “St. Maria de Jesus Sacramentado” serving in Phoenix
- Community “St. Damaris” serving St. George in Bridgeport
- Community “Ven. Concepción Cabrera de Armida” serving St. Michael’s in Wauchula
- Community “St. Kateri Tekakwitha” Novitiate House of Formation
- New York
- Community “St. Elizabeth Ann Seton” serving St. Gabriel, St. John Cansius, and St. Michael in East New York, Brooklyn
- Community “St. Frances Xavier Cabrini” serving Sts. Peter and Paul in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Community “St. Rose Duchesne” serving St. Paul in East Harlem
- Contemplative Monastery “St. Edith Stein” at the Monastery of the Precious Blood in Borough Park, Brooklyn
- Washington, D.C.
- Community “Immaculate Conception” serving St. Francis Xavier in Charity and chapels along the Pomeroon River and Essequibo Coast
- Community “Our Lady of Perpetual Help” in the capital, Paramaribo