“Withdrawal from the world for the sake of leading a more intense life of prayer in solitude is nothing other than a very particular way of living and expressing the paschal mystery of Christ, which is death ordained toward resurrection.” (Instruction on the Contemplative Life and on the Enclosure of Nuns, 3)
Besides the apostolic sisters, our Institute also has a branch of contemplative sisters. These sisters are totally dedicated to a hidden life of prayer, silence and penance in order to support the missionary work of our Religious Family. Daily Life in the Monastery.
Furthermore, as contemplatives, they consecrate their lives for the whole Church, represented in the person of the Holy Father; for the perseverance of all priests, and for the increase and sanctification of vocations.
Contemplatives in our Religious Family enter one of our monasteries only after completing the regular formation in the Novitiate and Juniorate. Questions about Contemplative Life.
Sharing in the missionary charism of our Religious Family, each monastery also has a particular prayer intention toward which they focus their prayers and sacrifices. We currently have 10 monasteries around the world. We invite you to send prayer requests by e-mail.
- Monastery of St. Teresa of the Andes, San Rafael, Argentina
- Founded: March 25, 1991
- Intention: for peace in the world
- Monastery of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, Arequipa, Peru
- Founded: October 3, 1995
- Intention: for consecrated life (for consecrated life in the Church and for the conversion of those who work against it, as well as giving testimony of the perennial value of the evangelical counsels)
- Video “Un Dia en el Monasterio” (“A Day in the Monastery”) (9:27)
- Monastery of Blessed María Gabriella of Unity, Pontinia, Italy
- Monastery of St. Edith Stein, Brooklyn, New York
- Founded: December 17, 1998
- Intention: that all men and women may come to the knowledge of the One and True God, for the philosophy and theology students of our Religious Family, and for the apostolate of our sisters in Asia
- Our sisters live alongside a small community of the Sister Adorers of the Precious Blood at the historic Monastery of the Precious Blood in Borough Park, Brooklyn; website of the Confraternity of the Precious Blood.
- Monastery of Maria Santissima delle Grazie, Velletri, Italy
- Monastery of Ecce Homo, Valkenburg, Netherlands
- Monastery of Santa Sofía, Divine Wisdom,Burshtyn, Ukraine
- Monastery of Saint Gianna Beretta Molla, Santo Amaro, Brazil
- Founded April 30, 2010
- Intention: for the protection of life–of individuals as well as of the family, both natural life and supernatural life; and in reparation for those who work against life, especially those who promote and perform abortions, and for their conversions.
- A video made in Brazil about the pro-life intention and the Monastery of St. Gianna Beretta Molla
- Monastery of the Patron Saints of Europe, Olleria (Valencia), Spain
- Monastery of St. Hildegard of Bingen, Cents, Luxembourg