The Institute of the Incarnate Word (IVE) constitutes the male branch of our Religious Family. Founded on March 25, 1984 by Fr. Carlos Buela, the IVE is a Catholic clerical institute. Therefore most members of the IVE are priests or seminarians preparing for the priesthood though there are some permanent brothers. In addition to the main apostolic branch, there is a monastic branch as well with monasteries in Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.Like all those in consecrated life, the members of the IVE profess the evangelical counsels by making public vows. We SSVM sisters share the same charism and twin constitutions (our rule) with the IVE.
As a missionary order, the IVE fathers are present around the world serving the Church in difficult places with few Catholics, as well as in areas of large Catholic communities. In some places they are part of making known the message of Jesus Christ for the first time, in other places their missionaries face the secularist modern indifference.
Not only do we work together in missions around the world, but we sisters are especially grateful to have IVE priests serve as chaplains, professors, and spiritual directors. They are our fathers and our brothers. Our Lady of Lujan, pray for us!
Read more about their work in this Province, and around the world:
- General website of our Religious Family: www.ive.org
- The Institute of the Incarnate Word in the Province (USA, Canada, Guyana, Mexico) www.iveamerica.org
- IVE America YouTube Channel
- Chronicles from our Missions Around the Word www.instituteoftheincarnateword.org
- More about our Missions and Opportunities to be a Lay Missionary www.ivemissions.org
Blogs in Spanish: