After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others whom he sent ahead of him in pairs to every town and place he intended to visit. (Luke 10:1)
Once again our sisters have been taking these words of Our Lord to heart this summer and have been going out to all kinds of missions across the country and overseas. Please keep them in prayer as they encounter children, youth and families, Catholics and non-believers.
Sometimes they have been able to accompany a group for a few weeks, other times they only share a brief time together. Either way, the sisters strive to make each moment of the summer missions opportunities for Christ to be known and loved through their words and actions, and above all through their charity. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)
June 2015 (from north to south!)
- Iceland (Diocese of Reykjavík / Archdiocese of Washington): Mission Trip to Iceland for ADW Seminarians and Young Adult Lay Missionaries
- Toronto, Canada (Diocese of Toronto): Parish Mission / Evangelization Out-Reach, EthnoFest, Youth Festival
- Upstate New York (East Durham, located in the Diocese of Albany): Girls’ Summer Days
- Mankato, Minnesota (Diocese of Winona): Catholic Vacation Bible School for Youth
- Rapid City, South Dakota (Diocese of Rapid City): Totus Tuus Vocation Summer Camp
- San Jose, California (Diocese of San Jose): Parish Mission / Evangelization Out-Reach, Evangelization Booth at San Jose Airport
- Maryland (Archdiocese of Baltimore): “Work Camp” Youth Apostolate of Service
- Olney, Maryland (Archdiocese of Washington): Catholic Vacation Bible School
- Northern Virginia (Diocese of Arlington): “Work Camp” Youth Apostolate of Service (promotional video — more videos from 2015 on Diocese of Arlington YouTube Channel)
- Lovingston, Virginia (Diocese of Richmond): Catholic Vacation Bible School
- Wachula, Florida (Diocese of Venice): Girls’ Summer Days
- Jennings, Louisiana (Diocese of Baton Rouge): Catholic Vacation Bible School
- Charity, Essequibo Coast, Guyana (Diocese of Georgetown): Parish Activities
He said to them, “The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest. Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves.” (Luke 10:2-3)
- Santa Clara, California (Diocese of San Jose): Summer Oratory at Our Lady of Peace
- Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, MD (Diocese of Arlington): “Fiat Days” Vocation Event
- Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, MD (Diocese of Harrisonburg): “Fiat Days” Vocation Event
- Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, MD (Archdiocese of Washington and Archdiocese of Baltimore): “Fiat Days” Vocation Event
- Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, MD: Camp Veritas (South)
- Charity, Essequibo Coast, Guyana (Diocese of Georgetown): Girls’ Summer Days
- Camino de Santiago (Spain): a group of sisters (with a few guests) are walking the Camino this summer!
- Moruka and Essequibo Coast, Guyana (Diocese of Georgetown): Parish Mission / Evangelization Out-Reach with FOCUS Lay Missionaries
- “Convivencia”: Community Vacation for our sisters to recover, rest, and prepare for the new academic year together.
Turning to the disciples in private he said, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I say to you, many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it.” (Luke 10:23-24)
We close with a short video of the June Youth Festival in the Netherlands for the youth of our missions in Northern Europe. Even in lands of extreme secularization and social confusion, the joy and light of Christ attracts and fulfills the hearts of the young–for He alone has the Words of Everlasting Life. Let us put our trust in Him so that we may be His witnesses and may become the saints of the Third Millennium.
St. John Paul the Great, pray for us and the fruits of all the summer missions!